Monday, March 10, 2008

Jay-Z Quotes for Personal Growth

The debate over whether or not Hip-Hop artists are or are not role models is really for the birds. We know that each of our geniuses walked the thin line of (in)sanity, and were living, breathing contradictions. What cannot be denied is that we can take what we want of people - their style, vision, writing, teaching, example - and use it to shape the best version of ourselves.

So we send a big SALUTE to the comrade - Jullien Gordon - for his "Jay-Z Quotes for Personal Growth." And encourage all you rebels to read his blog for a regular dose of empowerment.

+

Quote: ...Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself... from A Dream, Blueprint 2

Jullien's Insight: We are fully responsible for our being. We are co-creators (with God) of our lives and can be whoever we choose to be.
------------------

Quote: I love what I'm doing. I love the artist I'm developing. I love the whole thing about it. Once again, I have to really look at it for the next three years and say, "Am I doing it for the right reasons?" 'Cause all I want to do is make history at this point. They got to pay me to make history of course. But that's my goal. I want to sit there with people really into making history. I mean everybody. I don't mean just artists. The interns -if everybody's not committed to making history every time I go into a meeting, and if I can't look into their eyes and I don't see the fire, then I gotta move on. ' Cause, you know, I don't have time. I don't have the luxury of time to just blow off three years. I do, but I don't. But I'm not looking to have a job. That's not hot! December 2007 XXL Interview

Jullien's Insight: It's about making history. Music is just to the tool.
Revolution begins with the self, in the self. -Toni Cade Bambara

1 comment:

Jullien Gordon said...

Sallome,

Thanks for the love. I truly appreciate it. I hope that this syndicated blog post blesses your audience.

Rebel! Rebel! Rebel!
-Lauryn Hill Unplugged

Jullien Gordon
www.julliengordon.com